1. Job Description – Child Protection Coordinator
Title: Child Protection Coordinator
Reports to: Projects Director
Based at: Chennai
The Child Protection Coordinator will work under Justice & Hope’s Project Umeed (Hope). Under this project the Child Protection Coordinator will work alongside schools, organizations and other institutions to create and maintain child protection programs. It is a programming, relational and counseling role.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Working with Clients:
- Liaison with individuals and agencies that work directly or indirectly with children.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key leaders that can help further the end of child sexual abuse.
- Maintain the Justice & Hope Helpline.
- Conduct individual initial assessments of potential clients, carry out impromptu/emergency initials when necessary.
- To provide all clients with adequate information both verbal and written on the nature and scope of the Service.
- Recording basic details/along with issue.
- Act as a case manager, connecting needs and resources.
- Collect counseling follow up details.
Working with Justice & Hope team:
- Raise awareness on issues directly related to CSA.
- Speak publically and conduct trainings on Child Protection in Communities, Schools, Colleges, other institutions as well as interested stakeholders.
- Research best practices.
- Domestic travel as and when required.
- Conduct confidential correspondence with clients and relevant third parties.
- Update the client database on a weekly and monthly basis with client related.
- Assist management in developing the Service in areas such as policy development.
- Regular reporting and email communication.
- Any other duties as required.
- Passion for Justice.
- Self-motivated, demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Counseling background and experience including the ability to work alongside other counselors.
- To be aware of and sensitive to the needs of clients from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- To undertake work in a manner that is friendly, flexible, courteous and respectful.
- To be discreet and aware of issues of privacy and confidentiality.
- To be a team member and to participate in the efficient flow of information to all work colleagues.
- To show reasonable flexibility in relation to the hours of attendance.
- To contribute as appropriate to the development of policy and procedures within the area of expertise of the position.
- To actively participate in staff meetings.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people in this job category. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
- The candidate must be a counsellor/psychotherapist with a qualification of M.Sc. Psychology, MSW or an equivalent degree with experience of min 2 years.
- He/she must comply with the ethical standards of the accrediting body.
- The candidate must have excellent assessment and report writing skills. He/she will adhere to agency policy with regards to confidentiality and will need excellent communication skills and sound judgment.
- Language skills – Preferred: English (proficient), Tamil, Hindi.
To Apply – E-mail resume and cover letter to [email protected]
2. Job Description – Project Manager
Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Director of Programs
Based at: Chennai
Project Ummeed works to strengthen communities against sexual violence by creating friendly spaces of safety and enabling restoration and legal support of survivors.
• Coordinating internal resources and people for the flawless execution of Project events.
• Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
• Undertaking the day to day running of Project Ummeed.
• Supervise Child Protection Coordinator/s, communicate and work with lawyers and executives.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to manage the daily running of Project Ummeed. Under this project the Project Manager will be in charge of executing Project’s goal of creating and sustaining child friendly environments of safety for children. The Manager will work in conjunction with the Child Protection Coordinator to work alongside schools, organizations and other institutions to create and maintain child protection programs. It is a programming, relational and counseling role.
Project Manager Job Duties:
Project management responsibilities include delivering every project on time within budget and scope. Project manager should have a background in counseling, social work, organizational management and analysis.
Project managers are skilled at getting the best out of the people and projects that they oversee. They thrive when planning project events and working with project teams.
• Coordinate internal resources/staff and institutions/organizations for the flawless execution of events/projects.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
• Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
• Ensure resource availability and allocation.
• Develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
• Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
• Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
• Report and escalate if and when needed.
• Manage relationships with partner organizations,
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
• Establish and maintain relationships with third parties, individuals.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
• Educational background in counseling, preferably in the fields of Social Work or psychology with minimum 3 years experience in related field (excluding internship work).
• He/she must comply with the ethical standards of the accrediting body.
• The candidate must have excellent assessment and report writing skills. He/she will adhere to agency policy with regards to confidentiality and will need excellent communication skills and sound judgment.
• Language skills – Preferred: English (proficient), Tamil, Hindi.